Selecting a plan, signing up for service with Dark Horse Networks and using our Service indicates your acceptance of this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP), and has the same force and effect as if you had actually signed an agreement to comply with the AUP.
In the AUP ‘you’ and ‘your’ mean the customer; ‘we’, ‘our’ and ‘us’ mean Dark Horse Networks, LLC; and ‘our Services’ means the provision of high speed wireless internet and broadband services we have agreed to provide to you under the plan you have chosen.
You are also bound by our Terms and Conditions, which contain definitions of some of the terms used here. Please make sure you read them as they also contain some rules about usage. Please also check the FAQ's if you have any doubts about usage.
If in our opinion you fail to comply with this AUP we may suspend your access to our Services. If you repeatedly fail to comply, we will terminate your access to our Services. We will notify you if we do either of these things. If we terminate your Services for breach of this AUP, you may be required to pay a fee for the violation.
If we think it necessary, we may monitor the conduct of your account to determine whether this policy is being followed.
This AUP is not completely comprehensive. If you use our Services in any way which we reasonably determine is illegal or detrimental to the Dark Horse Network, our Services or any of our customers, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access without notice.
2. LIMITATIONS OF SERVICE
You must not use our Services, attempt to use our Services or allow anyone else to use our Services using your account, in any of the following ways.
You are prohibited from doing anything which:
- Results in you or Dark Horse breaking the law or being involved in breaking any law, order or regulation (including a foreign law, order or regulation such as international data protection and copyright laws), or a mandatory code of conduct. This includes, but is not limited to, P2P filesharing, illegal warez downloading or unauthorized downlaoding of website content.
- Causes or may cause damage to any property of Dark Horse Networks or to the property of any customers of Dark Horse Networks
- Involves you engaging in any illegal business practices, misleading or deceptive business or marketing practice, or which involves providing or promoting an illegal pyramid selling scheme or unlawful gambling or gaming activities;
- Puts children at risk by enabling a child to access material inappropriate for a child or by you establishing (or trying to establish) inappropriate contact with a child
- Interferes with the rights of other people, that is you send, display or are otherwise involved in material which is obscene or defamatory or which is offensive or abusive; which infringes Dark Horse Networks' or any other person's rights (including intellectual property rights such as copyright, and moral rights); or which constitutes a misuse of Dark Horse Networks' or any other person's confidential or personal information.
You are prohibited from
interfering with the proper operation of our Services or any part of Dark Horse networks or systems.
You must not use our Services or attempt to use our Services or allow our Services to be used by anyone else:
- to send, or in any way be involved in sending, SPAM. SPAM means unsolicited emails usually in bulk. (see SPAM section below)
- in connection with any virus, Trojan horse, worm, cancelbot, time bomb or activity including a Denial of
Service attack, that is designed to provide or allow unauthorized control of, or result in an adverse effect
on, a computer, a network or data (whether the computer, network or data is Dark Horse Networks' or anyone else's).
- to create, send or alter in any way and by any means (including spoofing and use of third party mail servers),
the contents of an electronic message for the purpose of hiding, obscuring or deleting the source of the message or
making the message appear to come from someone other than you.
- to access or use, or attempt to access or use, Dark Horse Networks' or anyone else's systems, networks or data (including through open relay, port probing and the use of packet sniffers) without consent, regardless of whether or not such access or use has any adverse effect on the system, network or data.
- to attempt to bypass any limitations we may place on your account (i.e. bandwidth control, or virus filtering)
You are prohibited from sending any form of unsolicited mass mailing from our network. Not only does this cause unnecessary load on our network, it may interfere with the normal operation of our eMail servers.
If a users abuse of our system by sending SPAM results in damage to our network or any of our mail servers being blacklisted, the user will be responsible for ALL damages and expenses in resolving the problem.
4. SERVICE RESTRICTIONS
If Dark Horse Networks, or its network administrators deem that your use of our service is unacceptably heavy, we reserve the right to limit your bandwidth as to maintain network integrity.
VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF SERVICES. Furthermore, violation of any of these terms, relating to the terms described within the EMail / SPAM policy, will result in the IMMEDIATE CHARGE of $500 per incident as well as an additional $500 per unsolicited message sent by the customer up to a maximum charge of $10,000. DARK HORSE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHARGE USER’S CREDIT CARD, IF ON FILE FOR USE IN PAYMENT OF DARK HORSE SERVICES, THE ABOVE AMOUNTS FOR VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS. IN THE EVENT USER PRE-PAYS FOR THEIR SERVICE VIA CHECK, DARK HORSE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO INVOICE AND HOLD USER RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CHARGES LISTED ABOVE PER VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our policy, please contact us.